Monday 18 January 2010

Coffee Time

This takes up a lot of my day. I don't seem to have anything better to do. Even when I am working I find time for this :-). But alongside the coffee (which is more necessity to keep me lucid) are two online newspapers that I don't think I could ever do without. I'm addicted. The second one I'm sort of aspiring to be like, certainly I want to take part in their school maybe next year. Maybe I'll even get those documentary skills. 

The best source of all my news and discussion. I don't agree with everything they write, but it's the closest mainstream paper I'm going to get. And I learn a lot daily. You could too. 

Al Giordano started this a decade ago and it mainly covers South America or the 'Americas'. But that particular blog covers the US politics. Investigative journalism, sigh. And change achieving, double sigh. Working with people, triple sigh. He kept me sane during the American primaries as I was following it during my final year and really having Lots of coffee breaks as I was supposed to be typing away at essays. He has an amazing insight and praxis that is a joy to read and reflect on, especially putting everything else into perspective. It's his journalism school, which is free of course courtesy of donations, that I'm going to work hard to get accepted into next year. Yes, if no other goals, this one really is worth it. If I keep telling myself that ...... ;-). 

No comments:

Post a Comment